One of the greatest anime series, well known and quite a story to be known about, is the legendary ONE PIECE, by Eiichiro Oda. The story is about the era of pirates and basically the story starts with the adventure to find the legenday one piece, of Gol D. Roger, which he told it it exist and challenged them to find it.
This story is somewhat related to a legendary pirate in the real world named Olivier Levasseur
- Born at Calais during the Nine Years’ War
- To bourgeois family,
- Previous profession- naval officer.
- Became privateerfor the French crown, during the War of the Spanish Succession.
- Joined the Benjamin Hornigoldpirate company in 1716.
- One of the greatest pirate.
- The capture of the Portuguese great galleon Nossa Senhora do Cabo or Virgem Do Cabo, loaded full of treasures belonging to the Bishop of Goa, and the Viceroy of Portugal,
each pirate at least £50,000 golden Guineas, as well as 42 diamonds each. Levasseur split the remaining gold, silver, and other objects,with his other commanders with Levasseur taking the golden cross.
- hiding one of the biggest treasures in pirate history, estimated at over £1 billion, and leaving a cryptogram behind with its other treasures and whereabouts.
Levasseur was a good leader and shipmate, it can well judged as William Moody was ejected from command by his crew in late 1718, they elected Levasseur as Captain in Moody’s place. He was quite a leader and did many successful operations during his years of piracy. He was known for his speed and ruthlessness with which he always attacked his enemies. He wore a eye patch during his later years.
The current records shows that he was born in any of the years 1688, 1689, or 1690 the exact date and year is unknown to the entire world.
- In April of 1721, La Buse along with John Taylor captured the Portuguese treasure ship the Nostra Senora della Cabo that was damaged in a storm and left sitting on a sandbar.
- looted the Laccadives and sold the plundered goods to Dutch merchants for nearly £75,000
- and many more.
During his last day as per legend he stood on the scaffold to be executed for his piracy and all his deeds, he wore a necklace around his neck, containing a cryptogram of 17 lines, and threw this in the crowd He said his last words: “Find my treasure, the one who may understand it!”
This is obviously similar to one piece anime series, which is somewhat or really based upon Levasseur, the greatest pirate of all time in real life, and similarly Gol D. Roger had the same fate as mentioned and challenged the world to find his treasure the “ONE PIECE”
- The second discovery as per record was the last will from the pirate Bernardin Nageon de L’Estang, who was nicknamed Le Butin, he claimed to have obtained possession of some of Levasseur’s treasure. It contained 3 cryptograms and 2 letters, one to his nephew.
- Rose found some carvings in the rocks at Bel Ombre beachnear Beau Vallon on the island of Mahé, She found carvings of a dog, snake, turtle, horse, fly, two joined hearts, a keyhole, a staring eye, a ballot box, a figure of a young woman’s body, and the head of a man, which was later found to have some connection with his treasure.
- Small part of cryptogram.
He was captured near Fort Dauphin, Madagascar. Hanged in Saint-Denis, Réunion for piracy at on 7 July 1730.
hope you got some information about the topic, and comment and tell about any real life based hero